That holiday feeling
Spray tanning for a natural looking tan that’s good for you
Spray tanning is now more popular than ever before thanks to Sienna X’s developments in product formulations and application equipment.
Gone are the days of the ‘orange’ jibes that plagued the industry. Sienna X spray tanning now gives a gorgeous, natural looking tan without the inherent dangers of skin damage that can result from over exposure to UVA/B rays, letting you look stunningly tanned all year round.
Before your tan
To get a gorgeous professional tan there are a few things you can do to help your therapist achieve a beautiful even glow and keep your colour for longer.
- Shave at least 24 hours before your treatment or 48 hours if waxing. This time allows pores to close properly and stop tell-tale dotting that can appear after your tan application.
- Once hair free, use a Polishing Body Scrub to gently buff away dry skin. Removing dead skin cells and revealing radiant new skin will make your tan last longer.
- Apply Moisturising Balm to skin the night before your tan, this will replace any moisture lost from removing hair and exfoliation and keep skin super smooth. Remember to pay particular attention to stubborn dry areas such as hands, elbows, knees and ankles.
- Paint nails and toenails (especially if artificial) to prevent any discolouration from the tanning product.
- On the day of your tan application rinse off any products, oils, moisturisers and make-up and avoid using deodorant or perfume until after your tan
After your tan
If you’ve chosen a professional tan then surely you want it to last as long as possible! Our simple steps will ensure that you get the best results from your professional Sienna X tan.
- Plan ahead before your appointment by wearing loose, dark clothing and flip-flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothes and underwear can leave marks and ruin your tan.
- Do not exercise or swim during the development time.
- If you’re not showering until the morning then wear loose gloves or socks in bed to prevent hands accidently touching your body during your sleep and leaving hand marks on your beautiful tan.
- Do not shower or bathe for the development period (at least 8 hours) after your tan.
- Use a light body wash, that’s mild and gentle so it won’t strip your colour after showering.
- A sunless tan can begin to fade over time as the skin’s natural cells begin to flake off and regenerate. Moisturising daily using a Body Balm will counteract this.
- Use Sienna X products from the prolong range to extend the life of your tan and keep your gorgeous glow
Every bride wants to look and feel beautiful on her wedding day, and having a radiant glow before you’ve even left for your honeymoon will ensure you feel fabulous from the moment you wake up on your big day.
Whether you want to be a deep bronzed bride or a naturally tanned newlywed, getting the right shade for your skin tone is just as important as having your dress fitting or hair and make-up trial
Want a flawless, even tan? Make your spray tan technician’s job easier by getting into the habit of following our simple before and after steps and have your spray tan routine down to a tee in time for your wedding day.
Once you’re happy with your chosen shade, make a note of which day you liked your tan best. For example, if you like the colour best on day two and you’re getting married on Saturday then book your tan for the Thursday before your wedding.
Remember, you’re not the only one who wants to look fabulous for your big day, why not throw a pre-hen night spray tan party at home or in-salon, so you’re all bronzed and beautiful for your big night out? You could even organise another get together before your big day and enjoy getting gorgeous and glam with all the lucky ladies in your bridal party.
Is your groom feeling left out of all the pampering? Try tempting him with a little tanning; you’d be surprised how many men are now opting for a healthy holiday glow for those all-important wedding photos. Surely he won’t want to feel left behind on your honeymoon when you’re showing off your bronzed bikini body?
Men, there’s no shame in wanting to look your best, with celebs such as ex-footballer Robbie Savage and McFly’s Harry Judd confessing their love for the ‘man tan’ during their stint on Strictly Come Dancing, it’s no wonder that male tanning is becoming more and more popular. Whether you want a healthy holiday glow or a more defined physique, a 10 minute spray tan can enhance your skin, boost your confidence and make you feel and look great.
Fancy a fitter body in less time than it takes to hit the gym? check out our quick guide to the ‘man tan.’
- Once your spray tan is applied ensure you take some loose, dark clothing to change into afterwards and avoid the gym for at least 24 hours.
- Your tan will take around eight hours to develop. You will then need to wash the darker guide colour off to reveal your true shade, which will last up to one week, and even longer when you use Sienna X tan extending products
- To prepare, we advise that you exfoliate and moisturise the night before your appointment to achieve the best results from your spray tan.
- As with all Sienna X sunless tanning applications we recommend that you don’t use any deodorant or aftershave on the day of your tan.
- For men who need to shave daily we advise you to do so a few hours before your spray tan to avoid patchy skin from shaving afterwards. Other bodily hair can stay put, and won’t interfere with your tan, so feel free to come has hairy or fuzz free as you’d like!